In the contemporary age of enhanced demand for web connectivity to reap the benefits of speed, there is the requirement of the best wireless router that offers the performance, bandwidth, and reliability to the users. Moreover, the need for connecting multiple devices and bandwidth necessity pushes the wireless routers and internet connections to the extremes, making it obligatory to have the top wireless routers that offer high performance and incredible speed. Along with this, if you resort to PC gaming, then you are required to have the best wireless router for gaming that provides splendid performance despite having to bear heavy load and offer incredible connectivity without resorting to any bandwidth issues. So, we have come up with the wireless router reviews that offer a comprehensive insight into the top 10 wireless routers that proves to be the best wireless router for multiple devices. Furthermore, it would guide you to best wireless router for the money and make your internet connectivity, fast, reliable and high performance oriented.
Our Life is not easy nowadays without a good Wireless Router… Or is it?
It is an underlying fact that in the age of smartphones, laptops, notepads and PC using web connectivity; there is a need for the best wifi routers that can host the multiple devices with ease. In fact, there is the requirement of the best wireless router for home as people with different devices make use of the wifi routers to enjoy high speed, performance, and connectivity. Therefore, it won’t be exaggerated to state that our life is not easy nowadays without the use the best wireless routers. Furthermore, the best wireless router for multiple devices prove to be essential for fast internet connectivity and avoiding the issues of the slow speed of loading of web pages, dropping connections and sluggish streaming video. So, if you need to upgrade your internet connectivity, then you are required to resort to the top-rated wireless routers.
What is the best wireless router – Single or Dual-Band?
If you live in a small apartment or work in a small office, then the best wireless router would be the one with a single band. Though it has weaker signals as compared to the dual band, it offers satisfactory results by providing the sufficient range and strength in smaller areas. Moreover, if you are not streaming videos or having gaming content, then the single band router would prove to be an excellent choice. Along with this, you can also use the individual range extender to meet the enhanced demands of web connectivity. On the other hand, the dual band router operates to 2.5GHz to 5GHz frequency to meet the increased requirements of a large number of people in the wider area, whether home or office where people are using the high definition content, video streaming, and engaged in gaming activities. Thus, the dual band wireless router proves to provide incredible performance with faster speed, bandwidth and better performance as compared to the single-band wireless router.
What should we look for in a router?
If you intend to buy the best wireless router, then you need to resort to a few factors that would help you to judge the performance of the wireless router.
- Firstly, you need to check on selecting the best network standards as there are the standards like 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac that provide the informative details about the capability of the given router. Moreover, your requirements would differ if you prefer the best wireless routers for home or office. But the latest trend is of favoring the use the 802.11ac that offers speed of 600 Mbps along with providing much faster speed and multiple device support.
- Secondly, the best wireless router must provide for the WPA2 protection protocol that allows the complete safety of your online world from the hackers that can misuse any information from your system.
- Thirdly, select the band range that is if you need a single band wireless router for a small area with less web activity and the dual band wireless router if you are using it for large area and a high number of people. In fact, the dual band involves the use of 2.4GHz to 5.0GHz range equipped with two radios that enable you to set up two different wireless networks for different requirements.
- Fourthly, the Quality of Service that allows the different users to make the most of the internet services without hampering the quality of any of the functions. It implies that if one person is engaged in downloading the huge file and the other one is involved in watching videos, then both have best of service without any delay or other problem.
- Fifthly, if the wireless router has USB 3.0 ports, then you can add accessories to it that can be shared by the multiple users that are connected to the router.
- Lastly, the price of the best wireless router would range from $150 to $250 but if you are on the budget, then you can also get the routers at less than $50, but that won’t offer you the best of the performance.
What are the fastest best wifi routers – Top rated wireless router?
The top-rated wireless router is designed to provide high-speed, fantastic internet connectivity, and substantial bandwidth along with supporting the multiple devices simultaneously without affecting the Quality of Service. So, let’s just check out the fastest, best wifi routers that make up to the top 10 wireless routers by looking at the best wireless router reviews to help you make an intelligent decision.
ASUS RT-AC5300 Wireless AC5300 Tri-Band Gigabit Router
The ASUS RT-AC5300 Wireless AC5300 Tri-Band Gigabit Router, AiProtection with Trend Micro for Complete Network Security is one of the top wireless routers that arrives with the provision of NitroQAMTM technology that provides the 5334 Mbps Wi-Fi speed for amazing results. Moreover, it is considered as the best wireless router for gaming as it is a faster router with par excellent performance.
Click here to see today’s price for ASUS RT-AC5300 Wireless AC5300 Router
ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC3100 Gigabit Router (RT-AC88U)
The ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC3100 Gigabit Router (RT-AC88U) is one of the best long range wireless routers that arrives with the provision of QAM technology that offers 8-% faster speed at 5 GHz with 2199 Mbps and 1000 Mbps with 2.4 GHz. It is also revered as the best gaming router as it has got an inbuilt WTFast client to gain access to the GPN that is a private network consisting of route-optimized servers to provide better gaming experience.
Click here to see today’s price for ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC3100 Gigabit Router
So, let’s have a close look at its key features.
- The ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC3100 Gigabit Router comes equipped with the 1.4 GHz dual-core processor along with quick data transfer through USB, and download/upload speed of 1.8 Gbps.
- It arrives with the provision of smart connectivity as it selects the best band that is accessible from your device.
- It is the best gigabit router as it provides enhanced connectivity options with 8x Gigabit LAN ports that allow the connectivity of eight Ethernet attuned devices at the same time.
- It is one of the best long range wireless routers as it provides extensive coverage up to 5000 SQFT and that makes it the best wireless router for multiple devices.
- It provides the benefit of AiProtection that is powered by the Trend MicroTM to ensure all the parental controls are exercised with complete caution and safety.
- It is one of the best wifi routers as it comes equipped with MU-MIMO technology that supports wifi activity that is 4X faster than the other contemporary wifi routers.
The ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC3100 Gigabit Router is one of the top wireless routers that offer incredible speed with all the advanced features that make it the best wireless router for the money.
NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Router (R8000)
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Router (R8000) is a tri-band wifi that proves to be the faster router with speed up to 3.2 Gbps and revered as the best wireless router for multiple devices.
Click here to see today’s price for NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router .
So, let’s have an interesting look at its key features.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Router is the fastest wireless router that provides the speed up to 3.2 Gbps.
- It is revered as the best wireless router for multiple devices and that too with incredible performance and precision.
- The provision of Smart Connect helps to determine the fastest as well as slow devices to distinguish the Wifi bands for enhanced performance and connectivity.
- It comes equipped with 1 GHz dual core processor that arrives with the provision of three offload processors.
- It comes with the delivery of Netgear genie that provides the personal dashboard for your home network.
- It is the best wireless router for mac along with being compatible with PC, iPhone, iPad and all the Android devices.
- It provides the benefit of implied and explicit beamforming along with providing stronger signals for mobile devices and excellent wifi services that make it the best wireless router for home.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Router is the best netgear router for gaming as it provides ultimate speed and that too uninterruptedly for offering the best Quality of Service.
Wireless Router Buyer’s Guide
Let’s have a comprehensive look at the wireless router buying guide that would enable the users to go for the best wireless routers amidst the availability of many branded top-rated wireless router to choose the one that offers par excellent services with incredible speed and efficiency.
Cable or ADSL router?
The Cable router works with the use of a cable television network that operates within the given area. In fact, the cable internet is utilized by the people through a cable modem that serves as an essential link between Ethernet network and the cable network. In this way, the user can get access to the internet by connecting the router to the Ethernet port that can be located on the modem. Therefore, you need a cable network in your area to get the Cable router.
The ADSL router works through the telephone line and operates along with the frequencies that are used for voice calling through the phone. In this way, the user can make the phone calls even while using the internet and also provides for the much faster transmission of data through the single connection. But it works in an asymmetric way by allowing the fastest downloading as compared to the low uploading speed. Therefore, ADSL router works best for those people who rely on massive downloading while their uploading requirements are minimum as it provides 8 Mb for downloading and the speed of uploading is less than 1 Mb. Moreover, it works with the upgraded BT telephone line and does not require a detached modem to operate successfully.
So, you can choose between the Cable or ADSL router, depending on your specific requirements and if you need the high-speed internet, then your obvious choice would be ADSL router.
What is a dual-band router?
The dual band router operates with the two radio signals in which the one operates at 2.5GHz frequency band while the second one operates at 5GHz frequency band. In the dual band router, the 5GHz frequency band is preferred for heavy file transfers, downloading, video streaming and much more as it is less crowded while the most traffic is seen on the 2.5GHz frequency band. Moreover, the dual band router provides the bands to the particular clients and applications that help to balance the load on both the bands with precision.
The technology behind a wireless internet router?
Let’s have an interesting look at the technology behind a wireless internet router that makes it the best wireless router for the money.
- Router – The router plays the significant role of administering and leading the traffic to the various devices that are mainly connected to your network. In other words, the router has the key role in transferring the data from your network to other available networks.
- Network Switch – The primary purpose of the network switch is to create the connection between all the devices that are running the wifi to the other available wired devices and that too through the use of Ethernet cable.
- Wireless Access Point – The principal purpose of the wireless access point is to transmit and receive the wireless signals through the antenna for better connectivity and performance.
How many types of Wireless Routers?
Have an understanding of the many types of wireless routers that are available in the market and know which one to choose according to your specific requirements.
1. Dual Band Routers – The dual band routers are most commonly used to having the best internet connectivity and make use of dual bands. In fact, the dual band routers operate on two ranges of frequencies that are 2.5GHz and 5GHz and the user can use the 2.5GHz for simple internet work while the other band can be utilized for heavy downloading and other tasks.
2. Tri-Band Routers – As the name indicates, the tri-band routers make use of three bands that incorporate the use of two 5GHz bands, and one band provides 2.5GHz. Moreover, the tri-band routers are new in the market and intend to introduce new technologies for best results.
3. N600 Routers – The N600 routers have the collective speed of 600 Mbps that is evenly distributed between 2.5 GHz and 5GHz. Even though its technology is quite old but still it is used by the customers in getting the required tasks accomplished, but if the users prefer to have high-speed internet connectivity, then it is certainly not the right option.
4. N900 Routers – N900 routers come with the collective speed of 900 Mbps that is evenly distributed between 2.5 GHz and 5GHz. Moreover, these routers are revered for being the upgraded version of the N600 routers and are used by the customers.
Best wireless routers under 200
Let’s have a close look at the best wireless routers under 200 that offer the real value of money.
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000)
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000) is the best netgear router for gaming that is designed to offer the ultimate gaming experience for streaming videos, gaming and that too without any speed issues. Moreover, it is the most expensive wireless router available in the marketplace that is appreciated for its speed, parental control and high performance.
Click here to see today’s price for NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
So, let’s have a close look at its key features.
- The Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router is the best gigabit router that arrives with the provision of 1 GHz dual core processor that offers the speed of 1900 Mbps.
- There is a provision of efficient installation of Netgear router that is accompanied with the provision of a gateway of internet provider to enable the user to upgrade the Wifi.
- It offers incredible bandwidth that allows the users to engage in games, enjoy video streaming and that too without any interruption.
- There is a provision of beamforming that helps to provide the highest performance and incredible range accompanied with powerful antennas and amplifiers to enhance the coverage area of the Wifi.
- It arrives with the provision of Nighthawk router that is attached with the USB storage that helps the users to share their photos and view them from the social media.
The Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router is one of the top 10 wireless routers that offer the incredible precision and fastest Wifi and that too without any lag or interruption. Overall, it is the best wireless router for the money that provides the highest performance with ease.
NETGEAR AC1750 (16×4) Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
The NETGEAR AC1750 (16×4) Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router is the top-rated wireless router that offers the fastest Wifi with the speed of 1750 Mbps and download speed of 680 Mbps. Moreover, the gigabit wired speed is revered for offering the HD quality of video streaming and gaming without any hassle.
Click here to see today’s price for NETGEAR AC1750 (16×4) Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
So, let’s have a close look at its key features.
- The NETGEAR AC1750 (16×4) Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router is the best wireless router for multiple devices as it comes equipped with two in one DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem along with the provision of wifi router that offers incredible speed and accuracy.
- It is the best wireless router for mac and is also compatible with Windows 7, 8, 2000, Vista, XP, and OS.
- There is a provision of parental controls enabling the users to have the guest network access along with providing the secured wifi connections.
- There is an availability of four upstream channels along with sixteen downstream channels that assure the reliable internet connection.
- It is also certified to work efficiently with the other cable internet providers that incorporate XFINITY from the brands of Time Warner Maxx, Comcast and much more.
The NETGEAR AC1750 (16×4) Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router is best wireless internet router that offers the high speed with reliable internet connections and is also revered as the faster router that proves to be one of the best long range wireless routers.
Netgear AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router 1GHz Dual Core Processor
Netgear AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router 1GHz Dual Core Processor – Router Only (R6400-100NAS) is acknowledged as the best wireless router for home as it arrives with the provision of high-powered antennas that offer the fastest speed and accurate results.
Click here to see today’s price for Netgear AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router
So, let’s have a close look at its key features.
- The Netgear AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router is revered as the best gigabit router as it is designed to connect the gaming consoles and smart televisions to the incredibly fast Gigabit Ethernet ports and can also connect the USB hard drive to USB ports to establish the adequate network storage.
- There is a provision of USB 3.0 port that provides ten times, faster access to USB hard drive.
- It arrives with the provision of high-powered antennas along with the provision of beamforming that allows the availability of reliable network connections.
- It is a faster router with the speed of 1750 Mbps.
- It also provides the internet connectivity quickly in the large homes that make it one of the best long range wireless routers accompanied with desired speed and accuracy.
- It arrives with the provision of advanced QOS that makes it possible to have the HD streaming of videos and gaming.
The Netgear AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router 1GHz Dual Core Processor – Router is rated among the top wireless routers that offer incredible speed, accuracy, and precision, especially in the larger area and it, provides hassle free connectivity.
Best wireless routers under 100
Have a look at the best wireless router reviews that are revered as best wifi routers under 100 to ensure reliable internet connectivity with speed and precision.
ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
The ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router is the best wireless router under 100 that offers the fastest connection with the speed of 900 Mbps. Moreover, it provides the Gigabit Ethernet ports to provide the benefit of reliable internet services.
Click here to see today’s price for ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Router.
So, let’s have a close look at its key features.
- The ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router is designed to provide the speed of 900 Mbps that allows the users to view 3D HD video streaming, gaming sessions, file sharing through USB hard drive and much more.
- It is the best wireless router for multiple devices as it also provides the secure connectivity to the Smartphones, PC.
- It comes equipped with the Quick Installation Step that allows the users to have easily set up by just plugging in the box and get the smartphones and PC connect quickly.
- It arrives with the provision of fast and reliable internet connectivity through the use of AiRadar.
- The user can go for 2.5 GHz band for downloading any file or browsing the web, but he can use the 5GHz band for streaming HD videos and other tasks having more challenging applications.
The ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router is the best wireless router for the money as it offers the consistent and high rated performance that makes it one of the excellent wifi routers.
TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router
The TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router arrives with the provision of next generation wifi standard with the use of 802.11ac that offers 3x faster speed along with the data transfer speed of 1.75Gbps.
Click here to see today’s price for TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Router
So, let’s have a close look at its key features.
- The TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router arrives with the provision of 1300 Mbps speed that offers the required bandwidth for HD video streaming and intensive application requirements.
- There is a provision of guest network access that offers the fully secured wifi access to your guests.
- It arrives with the provision of dual USB ports that helps to share the files and media via FTP server or along with other networked devices.
- It offers a speed of 450Mbps at 2.4GHz and 1300 Mbps at 5GHz for accurate results.
- There is a provision of three external antennas that are dual band and intended to offer the high speed and that too across the large area.
The TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router is rated among the best gaming router that offers the dominant performance accompanied with high speed and accuracy.
Securifi Almond – (3 Minute Setup) Touchscreen Wireless Router
The Securifi Almond – (3 Minute Setup) Touchscreen Wireless Router / Range Extender is revered as one of the best wireless routers that revolutionized the internet services by providing the touch screen that enables the users to set up and maintain their routers quite effectively.
Click here to see today’s price for Securifi Almond – (3 Minute Setup) Wireless Router
So, let’s have a close look at its key features.
- The Securifi Almond – (3 Minute Setup) Touchscreen Wireless Router / Range Extender comes equipped with the provision of the touch screen that allows the users to install and maintain it quite easily.
- It can be used as wifi router as well as the range extender if you face any concerns regarding the existing range of your wifi router.
- It arrives with the provision of SSID’s tag of ‘nomap’ that doesn’t allow Google to trace its location.
- It is a faster router that provides the speed of 300Mbps.
- It can be set up by just connecting it to your cable, DSL or fiber modem and it is ready to use.
- It is designed with a unique SSID name and password for each router to offer the benefit of ultimate security to the users.
The Securifi Almond – (3 Minute Setup) Touchscreen Wireless Router / Range Extender is one of the best long range wireless routers that offer the compatibility with multiple devices with ease and precision. Moreover, it provides the benefit of security to each used with the use of SSID code.
TP-LINK AC1200 Wireless Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
The TP-LINK AC1200 Wireless Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router arrives with the provision of advanced 802.11ac wifi technology that is designed to offer the powerful performance with the use of two superior quality band antennas.
Click here to see today’s price for TP-LINK AC1200 Wireless Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
So, let’s have a close look at its key features.
- The TP-LINK AC1200 Wireless Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router is designed to provide powerful HD video streaming and online gaming with the provision of AC1200 Wi-Fi over 5GHz that offers 867 Mbps speed and 2.5 GHz that provides the speed of 300Mbps.
- There is a provision of the four Ethernet ports to provide the quick wired connections.
- The user can go for sharing the videos, photos, music and much more using the USB port.
- The user can adjust the wifi settings by using his mobile device supported by Android and ios.
- There is a provision of premium 802.11ac, standard wifi technology that is also compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n to ensure that the users have performance oriented internet services.
The TP-LINK AC1200 Wireless Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router is the best wireless router for gaming that provides superior performance owing to its use of advanced 802.11ac wifi technology that makes it the best wireless router for the money.
Best wireless routers under 50
Let’s have an interesting look at the best wireless router review under 50 that prove to be the best wifi routers having excellent performance combined with precision.
Cisco-Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router
The Cisco-Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router is revered as the performance oriented wireless internet router that is designed to provide high security with the provision of Wifi Protected Access 2 along with SPI firewall and wireless MAC address filtering.
Click here to see today’s price for Cisco-Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router.
So, let’s have a close look at its key features.
- The Cisco-Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router is ranked as the top-rated wireless router that offers the highest productivity and precision owing to the use of all in one internet sharing router that comes equipped with the 4-port switch.
- The Cisco-Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router is equipped with the powerful 802.11g wifi technology to provide excellent internet services.
- It comes fitted with the provision of all in one internet sharing router that has got four port switch to provide optimal results.
- It is designed with incredible security features that comprise the availability of WPA2, SPI firewall and wireless MAC address filtering for complete safety of the users.
- The provision of push button setup facet offers the comfortable and safe, wireless configuration.
- It arrives with the single internet connection that shares the resources with wireless G and B devices along with the Ethernet wired devices.
The Cisco-Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router is the best wireless router for multiple devices that offer the technical precision and high security that makes it the preferred choice of the users.
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router with High Power
The NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router with High Power 5dBi External Antennas (WNR2020v2) is a faster router that proves to be the best gaming router owing to the provision of the speed of 300Mbps. Moreover, it is ideal for internet gaming and fast downloading activities.
Click here to see today’s price for NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router
So, let’s have a close look at its key features.
- The NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router is one of the best wifi routers that provide the high speed with the provision of 5dBi external antennas.
- It is designed for medium sized homes with its speed of 300 Mbps that offers the highest performance with precision.
- It is intended to provide high-quality HD video streaming along with online gaming owing to the reliable internet connection.
- The provision of Push ‘N’ button helps to provide for the active push button wifi connections that are easy to use.
- There is a provision of secure internet access for guests owing to the provision of guest network access.
The NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router is one of the best wireless routers that are designed for medium sized homes and provide the speed of 300Mbps for optimal results.
TP-LINK N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router
The TP-LINK N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 450Mbps (TL-WR940N) – V3 is the superior quality, the best wireless router for a home that is equally relevant for small offices with its use of advanced wifi technology for continuous internet connection.
Click here to see today’s price for TP-LINK N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router
So, let’s have a look at its key features.
- The TP-LINK N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router is equipped with the speed of 50Mbps that is preferred for making constant internet usage.
- It arrives with the provision of HD video streaming owing to its three antennas that are designed to provide wireless connectivity with precision and stability.
- The wireless security is encrypted with the provision of ‘N’ push button for easy and efficient usage.
- There is an availability of bandwidth control that is IP based as it permits the administrators to decide how much bandwidth needs to be disbursed to each PC.
- It provides the speed of 450 Mbps for amazing internet connectivity that allows for the HD streaming videos and much more.
The TP-LINK N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router is precisely the best wireless router for home as it is designed to work with any range of bandwidth smoothly that allows the users to have optimal usage of internet connectivity.
TP-LINK N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 300Mbps (TL-WR841N)
The TP-LINK N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 300Mbps (TL-WR841N) is specifically designed to cater to the requirements of small scale business offices and homes with its powerful speed of 300Mbps.
Click here to see today’s price for 00Mbps wireless
So, let’s have a close look at its key features
- The TP-LINK N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router is designed with the provision of two antennas that helps to attain wireless stability and precision.
- It is designed to be highly compatible with the Internet Protocol version of IPv6.
- It comes with the provision of easy installation by making use of the mobile device.
- There is a provision of IP based bandwidth control that makes it easy for the administrators to allocate the required bandwidth to each PC for better internet connectivity.
- It arrives with the provision of WPS button that is used for the powerful wireless security encryption.
The TP-LINK N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router is one of the best long range wireless routers that offer the best of HD streaming of videos, online gaming and that too without any lag.
TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router
The TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router is the best wireless router that is amazingly easy to use and designed with precision to enable the users to use it at home or carry it while traveling.
Click here to see today’s price for TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router
So, let’s have a peep at its key features.
- The TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router is incredibly designed that allows for its efficient use at home as well as the user can carry it while traveling for optimal results.
- It is designed with precision to provide the quick installation of wifi hotspot to be shared by many people.
- The provision of 150 Mbps speed helps to provide for the HD video streaming, online gaming and internet calls.
- It is designed to support the Client, AP, Router, Bridge and Repeater modes with accuracy.
- It is highly compatible with 802.11b/g/n and also works well with 2.5 GHz wifi devices.
The TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router is revered as the best wireless router for the money that is portable and comes equipped with advanced 802.11b/g/n wifi technology for excellent internet connectivity.
Advantages and Functionalities of Modern and Advanced Wifi Routers
Let’s have a close look at the key benefits and functionalities of the modern and advanced wifi routers for having the best connectivity and high-end performance.
1. Unique IP Address – The best wireless routers provide the unique IP address to each of the devices that are connected with it to offer the complete protection from hackers.
2. Features Easy to Understand and Installed – Another key feature of the top wireless routers is that these can be installed quickly and can be understood by the users with ease and there is no complicated cables for the users to set it up for the perfect use.
3. NAS – Network Attached Storage – The top-rated wireless router comes equipped with the Network Attached Storage that allows the use of external hard drive through the port on the router without any difficulty.
4. DLNA – The best wireless routers come equipped with the provision of DLNA that enables the users to have control over the manner of use of media, audio, and video over the given network.
5. High-End Routers – The high-end routers arrive with the provision of parental controls, backup servers, shared printing through the USB and the prioritization of the networks for the optimal performance and results.
What we look in the router for gamer or gaming at best?
1. Wi-Fi standards – The most significant aspect of choosing the best gaming router is the wifi standards that the router is using and the current standard is 802.11ac that is the advanced version of 802.11n. In fact, the current wifi standard 802.11ac is revolutionized by the provision of two features. These features are the usage of 2.5GHz and 5GHz frequencies on the same router simultaneously and MIMO that allows for the data streaming between the multiple antennas for optimal productivity levels.
2. Wi-Fi speeds – The user has the wifi standard of 802.11 as can choose the wifi speed from the variables available like for 2.5GHz and 5GHz. In fact, for the AC1200 the available standards of wifi speeds are the 300Mbps speed of 2.5 GHz and 867 Mbps speed of 5 GHz that collectively makes for 1167 Mbps.
3. MU-MIMO – The MU-MIMO stands for multiple users-multiple input, multiple output that is supported by the Wave 2 routers. The MU-MIMO can be shared by the four users simultaneously as it benefits from the radio wave phenomenon of multiple propagations that helps to save the bandwidth and allows the data transmission to multiple users at the same time.
4. Beamforming – Beamforming or popularly known as spatial filtering is an essential feature of the best wireless routers. It enables the router to focus on data streaming mainly to the user instead of transmitting it to the different users. It helps to enhance the signal strength in the particular area and that too without any interference.
5. Open source firmware – The routers come equipped with the firmware that is located in the memory flash and whenever there is a threat from a possible hacker, it is for the manufacturer deal with it. But, despite having the best firmware installed and updated by the manufacturers it is practically impossible to deal with the security concerns of the out of warranty routers. So, some open source firmware solutions are designed by the enthusiasts and incorporate the names of Tomato, OpenWRT and DD-WRT and some manufacturers are opting for these open source firmware to provide better safety to its users.
6. Smartphone integration – There is the provision of router settings that need to be configured by the user like wifi password settings or having the guest network settings. All these things can be done by the user through the browser page on the PC using the web interface or through the smartphone interface via Android or iOS. In fact, it is easy for the user to configure the required settings using smartphone integration with the use of Google’s app of OnHub and certain apps allow the configuration of settings when the smartphone is not in the vicinity and even when wifi is not available.
7. QoS – The quality of service is an important feature in the best wireless router as it allows the user to have control over the home network and the way of its performance. It implies that to have best QOS; the user can prioritize for the significant traffic at a particular level over the trivial data so that there is enough bandwidth for streaming HD videos, online games, and downloading documents. In this way, a user can maximize the utility of his home network, especially when you use internet bandwidth for significant online work and use less of online gaming.
8. Checking bandwidth and how we test – All the best wireless routers’ bandwidth has been reviewed by our expert team professionals by using the applications like file downloading, online gaming, a 4K video streaming and the web surfing with precision. Moreover, we have used the latest software and drivers to test the various wifi routers that have maintained a consistent performance throughout the test. In fact, the speed of the wireless network is an important criterion that has been tested using Netstress run on the two PCs at the same time and recorded in Mbps. Along with this, the throughput is examined at 2.5m distance without any hurdle and at 9.2 m distance with the obstruction of a thick wall. The 2.5GHz and 5GHz range of frequencies have been tested in both the distance individually and recorded accordingly. Similarly, QOS have been checked with online gaming on the one computer and HD videos on another to get the results. In this way, all the devices have been examined in the same conditioned environment with the results varying according to each set of environment configured by our team to check the dominant performance of the routers.
Some things to keep in mind, before buying fastest router
Before buying the faster router, you need to check on certain things that can be termed as mandatory in your wireless router to have the exceptional performance and connectivity.
- There should be dual band wifi that supports the 2.5 GHz frequency and 5GHz frequency for optimal performance.
- It should provide for WPA/WPA2 security for having the added level of protection.
- The provision of guest network aids in having the guests’ access to your wifi without any access to your personal data or online activity.
- The detachable antennas help to provide the replacement for better antennas that can boost speed and connectivity.
- The USB port in your router contributes to sharing the information in storage device crossways the entire network.
- There should be the provision of Gigabit Ethernet that allows the massive transfer of files between the different devices in your network with accuracy and ease.
- The provision of traffic meter helps to monitor the entire consumption data that incorporates the downloading and uploading and that too of the whole devices on the network.
- The wifi on/off button is convenient to use when you need to disable your internet for some time and restart it again.
Buy Premium Wireless Routers: What to Look for
If you intend to buy only the best wireless router that offers the fastest speed, then you need to consider individual factors that would help you to pick up the right one for your home or office.
- Performance – The performance of your wireless router is the first thing that you need to consider while categorizing it in a premium wireless router list. As the best wireless router should provide the best performance with the standard of 802.11ac using 5 GHz and 1300 Mbps, speed irrespective of the high number of devices connected to it. Moreover, its speed should not be hindered by any physical obstacles and provide for the best internet connectivity accompanied with full range frequencies.
- Security – The best wifi routers should provide for the safe internet activity by having security with WPA2 and WEP along with the provision of parental controls and guest network that allows for the complete control over the internet usage.
- Ease of Use – The top wireless router come equipped with the advanced technology that provides for the easy setup and use by the customers without having any need to go through the complicated setup.
- Help & Support – The top rated wireless routers come equipped with the provision of one-year warranty and these days manufacturers provides the holistic customer support through email, live chat, FAQ and tutorials for best guidance to the users.
What do I need to know before I choose a wireless router?
Amidst the availability of the wide range of wifi routers, it certainly is a cumbersome task to pick the one that appropriately suits your requirements and provide you the real value for money. So, let’s just check out the certain factors that you should consider before choosing the best wireless router.
- How big is my house? – The first thing that you need to consider is the size of your house as if it is a small house with thick walls or is it a three-to-four room apartment. In the case of having a small house or office, you can opt to have the high range wifi router that can be improved upon by installing the powerful antennas if you need to enhance its range.
- How many devices will be connected to this router? And what types of devices? – In case your Smartphones and laptops have the wifi standard of 802.11n, then you can resort to the router with the standard of 802.11n. But, if there are many devices like Smartphones, laptops, smart television, gaming console, then you need a router with a standard of 802.11ac and it should also provide for the beamforming and MU-MIMO for best results and lag free internet connectivity.
- And what will people be doing with those devices? – If the people are doing regular web surfing with activity on Facebook, Twitter, then the single-band router with the 2.5GHz range of frequency is perfectly fine. On the contrary, if there are people who are opting for online gaming, large download, watching Netflix, then you need a dual band router that works with 5GHz range of frequency along with the 2.5GHz range of frequency. The 5GHz range of frequency is preferred for online gaming, HD video streaming and much more, but for regular web surfing 2.5GHz band is ideal to provide excellent outcomes. But, if all the people resort to online gaming, downloading and use applications that require more bandwidth, then you can opt for tri-band router with 2.5GHz range and two 5GHz range of frequency for optimal performance
- Number of available USB ports – You also need to consider the factor that how many numbers of USB ports can be found on the wifi router to enable you to attain the desired results. You need to resort to the USB having the ports for printer or webcam and also share the information on the storage device across the network. You can also copy the wifi settings to a new PC for configuration by using the USB port.
- Removable antennas – The antennas also play a crucial role in enhancing the internet connectivity that can provide the best wifi experience. So, the user needs to be aware of the provision of removable antennas so that they can be easily replaced with the ones that are high in performance and boost the internet connectivity.
- Guest networks – The users should opt for the best wifi routers that provide the benefit of guest networks that implies the use of wifi by the guests coming to your home, but they don’t get access to your internet activity. In this way, the users can safely provide for the guest network while maintaining the security of your stuff.
- Parental controls – The wifi users can now make the optimal usage of the parental controls that they can exercise to have complete control and access to the internet usage of their children. In this way, the activity of the children is easily monitored to provide for the safe and efficient use of the internet services.
- QoS – The feature of Quality of Service is an essential aspect of a wifi router that enables to direct the wifi to the significant traffic instead of focusing on the irrelevant data. It allows for the secure bandwidth for HD video streaming, downloading and other applications requiring the use of large files and much more.
- How do I make my wireless internet faster – how to enhance router signal? – It is a fact that due to certain interferences, there might be a problem in the fastest speed of the best wireless routers and it becomes all the more relevant to check out all these issues to boost the internet speed. So, let’s just see the simple ways to enhance the speed of your wireless router for best connectivity and speed.
- Physical surfaces – The physical surfaces like walls, floors, metal, concrete and even bricks pose a problem in internet connectivity and its speed. Thus, you need to place the wifi router at a location where it is going to be utilized by most of the devices whether you are using it in your home or office as it would reduce the interference in the internet connectivity.
- Other Wi-Fi networks – In the age of technological advancement when there is an availability of a vast number of wifi channels and a significant number of networks that try to connect to the same channels leading to slow down of an internet. So, you need to buy the best wireless router that locates the least used wifi channel and provides the fastest speed and connectivity without any lag.
- Other electronic devices – There are many electronic devices in your home like smart tv, gaming console, microphones, microwave ovens that make use of electromagnetic rays and can provide interference with the speed and connectivity of the internet. Thus, you need to place your router away from all these electronic devices and you can also put them off for some time to enhance the speed of the internet.
On the whole, it can be stated that the best wireless routers are designed with the use of advanced features that offer the incredible performance and connectivity with the fastest speed and all the security provisions. Therefore, we have come up with the wireless router reviews that offer the comprehensive insight into the top ten wireless routers and buying guide along with all essential features in the faster router that offer the highest productivity and performance accompanied with long range and ideal for multiple devices. Thus, we hope to provide you all the essential information required before buying the best wireless router for making the smart decision that proves to be the best value for your money. So, get your best wifi routers and start exploring the vast opportunities through the fastest and accurate wifi routers.